Are you the Football Team Mom, or just in charge of the football party food? Either way, these delish and easy Football Cookie Pops should make the “cut” for a team snack, end-of-season party, or just a sweet finger food for a party!
Football Cookie Pops Ingredients
- Nutter Butters
- 2 cups, Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- 1 cup, Bright White Candy Melts
- Colorful Lollipop Sticks
- Decorating Bag
- Parchment Paper
Football Cookie Pops Directions
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet and aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat 2 cups of light cocoa candy melts on 50% power in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Carefully separate each cookie, dip the ends of your lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate and place onto one half of a nutter butter and carefully sandwich the other on top.
- What is your cookies on to your baking pan and freeze for five minutes allowing the chocolate inside to harden.
- Once the chocolate inside the cookie has hardened, dunk each cookie into the melted chocolate, place back onto the baking sheet and into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate small microwave safe bowl, heat one cup of your white candy melts on 50% power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag.
- Cut a small tip off the end of your decorating bag, use the bag to draw the football laces onto each chocolate covered Nutter butter and let the chocolate harden.
If these are for an after-game team snack, place one or a few into a cellophane baggy for each player. I would keep them in a cooler so the chocolate doesn’t melt during the game.
Also, peanut allergies are a big issue (within our own family too), so you could also make these using prepared Rice Krispie Treats to make them nut-free. Just an idea, since I always appreciated the Team Moms who made efforts to include our boys in the team snack when peanuts were involved.